Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Entry 9: Pirates Break the Rules. I'm a Pirate.

Did you miss me? Well, I've been busy. Done a little bit of buccaneering, but not as much as I'd like, really.

In this entry, I'd like to announce that I'm breaking a Rules. And not just any Rule. I'm breaking Rule #1.

#1 The only money I can make will be from piracy. Ransoms, bounties, and the sale of plunder are the only allowable forms of income. Any money recieved from other sources will be immediately transferred to my lovely assistant (my fiance, who also plays Eve).


In my defense, I AM a pirate. Pirates break rules. Even our own rules. ESPECIALLY our own rules.

So why am I doing it? Why am I disrupting my little experiment in piracy for profit? In a word, diversity. Piracy is fun, and it CAN pay the bills. However, Rule #1 was giving me more problems than it was worth. It was making me too afraid to spend my own money. I kept trying to live on a shoestring budget because I was trying to be profitable. In other words, I was acting like I was poor. If that's not stupid, then it'll do until something better comes along. And since I don't usually think of myself as stupid, Rule #1 had to go.

So what am I doing with my money? Well, I'm using some of it for trading. I keep my eye out for deals and resell for a profit. Also, I've been investing in the stock market. In a way, it's just a different kind of buccaneering, only I use money instead of missiles.

Anyway, I think I want to get to where my piracy isn't about the money. Intead, it's about the pure, unadulterated joy I get blowing up someone's precious ship and then getting away to fight another day. And gives me GREAT joy. It does, it does.

Okay. More later. Probably. Sorry about the lack of updates. But if you're not completely satisfied, please see the manager for a full refund of your purchase price.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Smoogle said...

I DEMAND A FULL REFUND OF MY PURCHASE PRICE!!!

...and a cookie.

I'm really firm about the cookie part.

12:20 AM  
Blogger DevilishLedoux said...

THERE ARE NO COOKIES IN PIRACY!!!

Except for when my lovely assistant wants cookies. And then she usually ends up eating yours.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Songwind said...

If it's all about blowing people up instead of robbing them, is it still piracy?

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zomg, piwat sells out!

Literally. :P

More stories soon please.

- Tsanse Kinske

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Sacha Petrova said...

You do what is fun. At least you aren't dead. :p

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Puciek said...

reading your blog made me laught lot of times, more plx ^_^

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are back, I had wondered where you went. More about your lovely assistant please!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous BeniahTheSilent said...

/me posts a holo note, upon which the following is displayed:

"Aren't rules for pirates more like guidelines anyway?"

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home